Date: 20 November 2018
Time: 09:00 AM to 04:30 PM
Duration: 7 hours 30 minutes
Venue: Palatine House, Belmont Business Park, Durham, DH1 1TW
Leadership Skills Development
Here's what happened...
Delegates that attended our workshop said:
- Group work & discussion throughout generated lots of things to consider. The allocation of leaders to the Healthcare Leadership 360 Model domains. Effective Icebreaker. (the important of difficult conversations in my learning) all very good thank you.
- The differences between leadership and management. Self-reflection.
- What is leadership/what is management. It was all very useful.
- Ice breaker- worked very well for purpose. Understanding competencies of leadership & management and how the interact.
- To look at myself more and style - to recognise where I fit in with leadership.
- Evaluation of the Healthcare Leadership Model which I hadn't heard of before today.
- Awareness of different leadership models & applying these in practice. Also introduction regarding healthcare leadership model. This has been great.
- I have learned about the skills of leadership models and my strengths and weaknesses.
Leadership doesn't come from your job role or title but from your effective use of self-awareness, influence and situational appreciation.
This one-day interactive workshop will introduce you to the basics of effective leadership while allowing you to define and refine your personal leadership style. The workshop will support you to develop your own leadership skills through fundamental learning materials, presentations, interactive group exercises and diagnostic tools.
Whether you're an experienced or inexperienced leader, by attending you'll:
- Understand what leadership means.
- Appreciate the history, timeline and development of leadership theories and related models.
- Understand the difference and similarities between leadership and management.
- Gain an appreciation of what characteristics are essential for a good leader.
- Undertake leadership diagnostic tools including the Leadership Model.
- Explore change leadership.
- Be able to plan to develop your own and others leadership potential.