Date: 15 November 2018
Time: 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Venue: Palatine House, Belmont Business Park, Durham, DH1 1TW
Leadership Skills Development
Here's what happened...
Delegates that attended this event said:
- The range of methods & model shared & practical tools to take away
- Good to hear other people ideas/tips/suggestions. Good to practice & use tools. Good discussions with others.
- Realising that my worries/concerns are always going to be there but understanding what I can do to lessen/solve them. I am leaving here feeling more positive about my job and responsibilities. Thank you.
- Understanding unhelpful thinking styles, engagement & listening to others.
- Understanding more about resilience, really well facilitated. Understanding more about my behaviour and impact on others.
- The presentation & group discussion & themes brought it all to life. Lots of interesting models, reading etc. Really well led & presented
Resilience: "The ability to cope with and bounce back from adversity… to bend instead of breaking under pressure and difficulty… to persevere or adapt when faced with challenges.” (Action for Happiness)
This is a half day session geared towards raising awareness of activities you can work on yourself moving forward. The session is a personal exploration of your own resilience with experiential learning in pairs and a facilitative coaching style to reflect on the tools and techniques being shared.
By participating in this event you will:
- Understand resilience and what it means to you as an individual
- Reflect on the concept of attitude at the heart of resilience
- Start the process of building your mind-set for resilience
- Work on your own attention, awareness and focus - noticing the impact of thoughts, emotions and feelings
- Spend time experiencing a ‘Pick and Mix ‘ of activities to build resilience
- Plan ways to make these activities into habits
Who is this event aimed at?
The session is aimed at anyone working within the NHS who is interested in looking at their own personal resilience and developing strategies and habits to build resilience in themselves (and others).